I have been given the opportunity to meet Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir at the Stars on Ice Meet & Greet, and through family/friend connection am possibly attending the warm up before the show. I will be gifting Tessa and Scott with a pair of The Giving Keys, however I’d like to open this up to any and all fans who would like to participate.
Note that this is NOT a scrapbook project. Fan letters and images can be sent to icedancingroyalty's project that can be found here.
The Giving Keys is a wonderful company that repurposes old, discarded, vintage keys by engraving them with an inspiring message and sells them as jewelry and accessories. The message on the key - whether is be ‘love’, ‘inspire’, ‘courage’, ‘believe’, etc. - is the yours for a time, however you are encouraged to give away the key at some point in the future to someone you believe needs the message; kind of like a pay it forward movement.
Tessa and Scott will be receiving ‘INSPIRE' keys, with Tessa's as the classic pendant and I will modify Scott's into a keychain.
Now here is where you come in, I will be putting together a small book to accompany the keys. It will explain the story behind why their keys say ‘INSPIRE’. Your job is to submit a SHORT paragraph with the theme of being ‘INSPIRED by Tessa and Scott’.
- Submit a short paragraph of 150 words or less - ideally one or two sentences - with the theme of 'INSPIRED by Tessa and Scott' to either my ASK box or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your first name, the first letter of your last name, and where you are from.
- This is not a scrapbook, therefore only text will be accepted. No photos, fanart, etc.
- I will accept entries up until April 30th at 11pm PST.
- There is no cost to participate. I will be covering all costs of purchasing The Giving Keys and printing the books.
- Tessa and Scott will each receive their own book.
- The book, images, text, graphics, etc. will be created using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign. The book dimensions are approximately the size of of an index card, hence small book and not a scrapbook.
- Messages may be edited for content and length. Messages deemed disrespectful or inappropriate will either be edited or omitted from the book.
- This is open internationally and not limited to those on Twitter, Tumblr, or social media! So spread the word to family, friends, pets, etc.
Questions? Submit them here.